Boil Water Advisory FAQ

  • The provincial government, through the Ministry of Environment and Climate Change, regulates municipal water systems to ensure water is safe to drink.
  • This water is also referred to as city water.
  • When the water is no longer safe to drink, a “Boil Water Advisory” will be issued.

Frequently Asked Questions During a Boil Water Advisory (BWA)

Lake Huron Primary Water Supply System: This site provides the latest reports on the Elgin Area water system that feeds Elgin County and St. Thomas.

Ministry of the Environment and Climate Change: Drinking Water