Housing for Seasonal Farm Workers
Southwestern Public Health works to ensure suitable housing is provided for both domestic and foreign migrant workers. To achieve this, our public health inspectors ensure that the owners of these homes follow the recommendations set out by the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care.
Our department works diligently with seasonal work employment agencies such as Foreign Agricultural Resource management Services (FARMS) to ensure that compliance is met of these homes prior to possession. The overall goal is to ensure the safety of the worker.
An inspection of the home must be inspected 3 weeks prior to the workers arrival. The water source must be available at the time of inspection.
How to Submit a Housing Inspection Request:
- Submit your information and pay online via our ONLINE HOUSING INSPECTION REQUEST FORM
- Download, fill out, and submit the Seasonal Housing Inspection Request Form (PDF)
- Seasonal Workers Isolation Plan Template
- Cleaning and Sanitizing Instructions
- Cleaning Log
- Cleaning Log - Spanish
- Daily Health Check Log
- Daily Health Check Log - Spanish
Let’s keep our employees safe, healthy and working.
Water samples during the COVID-19 pandemic:
St Thomas Site
All day Monday or Tuesday before 11:30 am. Water samples sent to the Public Health Lab at 1:00 pm on Tuesdays.
- All day Wednesday or Thursday before 11:30 am. Water samples sent to the Public Health Lab at 1:00 pm on Thursdays.
- Monday - Thursday: 8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Friday: 8:30 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
Other Website Links
- Foreign Agricultural Resource Management Services (FARMS)
- Well Aware: this site helps the well owner understand the basics of well maintenance and operation, and to take the necessary actions to keep water wells in safe running order.